Saturday, March 31, 2012

Christ United Methodist Church

Christ Church, originally known as First Methodist Episcopal Church of St. Petersburg, opened its doors February 17, 1892 with twenty members on the corner of Central Avenue and 5th Street at a cost of $500. The first full time minister arrived in 1902. The building went from a 24 x 38 foot building (1892), to a "shell dash" church (1906) at its current location at 1st Avenue North and 5th Street, to a "buff brick" church seating 1,050 (1915), to its present sanctuary (1953), seating 1,704.

Share

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home